Sunday, November 13, 2016

Consistently Inconsistent

I have been keeping the strangest hours lately, but they seem to be working for me, so I'm just going with it. It's almost 3 am, and I've been up for a while...I felt compelled to write a blog post and when I logged in, I realized it's been almost exactly a year since my last post. And the one before that was almost exactly a year before that. If there is anything I AM consistent about, it is my inconsistency.

This has been a ROUGH year...it has been a year that I am thoroughly thankful for, but it has been rough. God has used situation after situation to grow me and stretch me this year. I have so far to go, but I have seen so much growth and progress in myself, that I can't help but look at every situation and feel gratitude about them.

It has been a year of major change...the oil field has affected this house like many others, although not as drastically as some, praise the Lord. Back Porch Revival has changed, and changed some more. There have been a lot of faith walks happening around here, lol.

I have lost family this year, but also feel like I have gained family, as well. This will be the first Thanksgiving and Christmas since my mother and grandpa passed...it will be hard in ways. But I am also very much looking forward to hosting the holidays here for our family.

I have learned about community over competition this year. I learned that, gasp!, the world doesn't revolve around me! I learned that other women are trying to "make it", just like I am...and that not only will it not kill me, but that it might actually bless me, to give them a leg up when I have the opportunity. Even if they don't reciprocate.

I've learned that not being able to do everything doesn't make me a failure. And that BEING an actual failure every now and then won't kill me, either. I've been a failure quite a few times this year...it was a necessary, humbling experience each and every time. And I survived, every single time.

And,, I've learned that as much as consistency and self discipline SUCK, they are necessary. Hit that follow button...there are many new things coming to Back Porch Revival and to our lives in general. It is my hope to share them with you CONSISTENTLY in 2017 and I don't want you to miss a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment